Yeah you saw that right, STRAWBERRY! I’m sick of the banana bread people. Having never been a huge fan of b-bread to begin with, I needed something new. I also had a carton of strawberries sitting in my fridge nearing the end of their lifespan…thus Strawberry bread was born!
End to end this recipe took about an hour and most of that was baking time. Which means you could quickly throw this together on a Saturday morning and have a treat ready for you after you clean the house. That’s just a suggestion though…you do you! For the most part, I think you could sub in a lot of fruits in this bread but seriously, try the strawberries! Also, you could totally put my raspberry vanilla syrup on this – typically once that stuff sits in the fridge for a bit, it’s the consistency of jam and the two go SO WELL together.
Simple Strawberry Quick Bread
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and chopped in bite sized pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup neutral oil ex. canola, vegetable
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste vanilla extract is fine too
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle chopped strawberries lightly with 2 tbsp of the already measured sugar and set aside in a small bowl
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, cinnamon, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, then add oil and vanilla. Stir in the strawberries and be sure to get all the juices and the sugar
- Add the flour mixture to the strawberry mixture in three parts; stirring just until combined after each part
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the top comes out clean – let rest for about 15 minutes then enjoy!