I’m not kidding when I say this syrup is insanely easy. I whipped it up in about 15 minutes while making pancakes (my favorite recipe here) one morning and it’s now my favorite breakfast topping bar none. I’m honestly not sure what else to say here – it’s just freaking amazing.
The tart raspberries ensure the syrup isn’t too sweet and the vanilla just adds a depth of flavor I wasn’t expecting. The best part is that you can use frozen fruit so this syrup is easy to make all year round.
Easy Raspberry Vanilla Syrup
- 1 Cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Cup frozen strawberries
- 1.5 Cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla paste
- 1 Large cinnamon sticks
- Add fruit and sugar to a sauce pot and heat on medium on the stove until the mixture starts to bubble
- Reduce the heat to medium low and let the mixture reduce by about half
- Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon sticks and vanilla paste and let the mixture cool
- Once cool remove the cinnamon sticks and blend the mixture with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth. At this point I typically add between 1/4 to 1/2 cups water to get a pourable syrup consistency
- Serve and enjoy! You can also make this a couple days ahead and keep in the fridge in an airtight container