Sauces can truly make or break a meal – they can also be ridiculously hard to make, adding extra stress to a meal. This sauce is so easy, it only takes five minutes and can compliment a huge variety of meals.
I’ve used this sauce on everything from tacos to eggs to pairing with hollandaise for brunch. I’m keeping this post short and sweet so you can get right to making this sauce, you won’t regret it!
P.S. it keeps for about a week in the fridge.
Magical Green Sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves combined
- 1 medium jalapeño ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lime juice only
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup water only if needed
- Combine all ingredients except pistachios and water in a food processor and pulse until incorporated
- Add pistachios and pulse until creamy (or leave it chunky if you prefer) – if mixture gets too thick, add a little bit of the water until you reach your preferred consistency
- Serve and enjoy! Pro tip: you can add extra water or oil and use this as a salad dressing!