I’ll be honest, I’m not the best at meal prep. Maybe it’s because I don’t love leftovers, maybe it’s because I have a hard time thinking of dishes versatile enough to not become boring after the first couple nights. Enter these meatballs.
As a protein, they act as the main part of any dish but they can be dressed up in so many different, easy, ways. From pasta to even stir fry, there are a lot of possibilities for these make ahead meatballs, that have me even loving leftovers. Directions on how to make and freeze in the recipe below!
Make Ahead Chicken and Pork Meatballs
- 1 Lb ground chicken
- 1 Lb ground pork
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until evenly combined
- Roll the mixture into about two dozen medium sized balls and place on baking sheet prepared with foil and nonstick spray
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until meatballs start to turn golden
- Enjoy right away with your favorite sauce or let cool then freeze overnight on a tray. After frozen, the meatballs can be put in a ziplock bag and stored in the freezer for 2-3 months. To reheat just microwave or even reheat in sauce.