I’ll be honest, I’m not the world’s biggest football fan but boy do I love “football food.” Combine that with my hometown spirit and football season gets a little more bearable. One of my favorite game-day finger foods is chicken wings. I know they’re super popular to order in but you guys, they are SO SIMPLE to make at home – even in bulk.
The hardest part will be choosing your favorite sauce and, of course, fighting over the last one. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Oh and P.S….go Browns!
Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings you can separate the flats and drumettes or leave them whole!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° and Set wire racks inside 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Toss chicken wings, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to coat. Divide wings between prepared racks and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
- Either serve plain or toss wings in your desired sauce and put back on wire racks and return to oven for 8-10 minutes until the sauce caramelizes.