As we are now living in the dark ages (aka the end of daylight savings time) and I find myself thinking it’s time for bed at 6:30pm, I figured the time was right for some quick and easy dinner recipes. Enter this delicious, creamy pasta recipe that can easily be made in under 20 minutes and only has 6 ingredients.
This recipe was inspired by the frozen mussels my mom got me from Trader Joe’s. The bag contains about a pound of mussels already cooked and frozen in their own juices which makes them super easy to heat up in a pan or in the microwave. From there it wasn’t hard to whip up a quick sauce and toss in pasta. I highly recommend regularly visiting Trader Joe’s as they often have seasonal specials and deals like these mussels, allowing you to create quick and affordable recipes all year round!
Mussels in Cream Sauce
- 1/4 pound linguine pasta this is about 1/4 of a standard box of pasta
- 1 pound cooked mussels you can either buy them cooked and frozen or buy them fresh and prepare them yourself
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to the instructions on the box and drain
- Place cooked mussels and white wine in large skillet over medium high heat until the wine starts to simmer
- Let the wine cook down for 3-5 minutes then add cream, butter, and cheese. Cook until the mixture thickens
- Add pasta to skillet, toss to coat evenly, and serve!