It seems like hummus has gotten incredibly popular in the past few years. Every time I go to the grocery store I spot a new flavor. But I’ll be honest, unless it’s freshly made, I’m not the biggest hummus fan. But I do love the flavor of roasted carrots and I love pesto so I took key ingredients from those and other dishes and came up with a dip of my own!
My favorite thing to pair this dip with is a sharp cheddar and the fig and rosemary crackers from Trader Joe’s make it the perfect accompaniment to a truly Insta-worthy cheeseboard. Give it a try fr yourself and let me know what you think!
Roasted Carrot Curry Dip
- 1 lb whole peeled carrots
- 1/4 cup skin on almonds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 crushed garlic coves
- 1/4 cup drained canned chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Preheat oven to 350° and roast carrots tossed in 1 tbsp of the olive oil and half of the spices (about 1 tsp of each). Roast until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Once the carrots are cooked, add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more olive oil, lemon, and spices to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Or put in an air tight container and keep in the fridge for up to one week.