I have the tendency to be dramatic (see pic below) but I am NOT overselling it when I say this is my most popular and most requested recipe. Should I be offended it’s for dogs and not people? Probably shouldn’t read into that one too much…
While I do not have a dog, unless you count my brass statue and best buddy Winston (which I’ve been told 100% does not count and I should stop saying that), many people I love do have dogs! So I felt it was my duty to be the best doggo aunt I could and develop a healthy, natural treat recipe just for them.
I did run this by vets and did a lot of research so everything is safe for your dog! I highly recommend freezing them, not only to make them keep longer, but I’ve been told dogs really like licking them to defrost them and it makes the treat last longer.
Even my friend’s pickiest dogs go nuts for these! We did a little test to see which treat they’d go for and the PBB biscuits won out each and every time. I hope you enjoy making them for your doggo! Even better, if you have a picture of your dog with the treats please do drop it in the comment!
Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Biscuits
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment or foil
- Add peanut butter, applesauce, and skim milk to a mixing bowl and combine until mixture is incorporated and smooth
- Add in 1/2 flour and mix until incorporated then add the second 1/2. Note: you might need a splash more skim milk at this point – the dough gets THICC
- Dump the dough onto a clean counter and knead in the oats and bacon until incorporated throughout
- Roll out dough and cut into small-medium squares based on the size of your pup
- Bake for 12-18 minutes until bottom is brown then flip pieces and continue baking for another 10 minutes until the bottom is brown
- Cool completely before letting your pup dig in!