So many bananas…so little time. I was definitely not immune to the great banana bread wave of spring of 2020 but wanted to find some ways to stand out. So banana bread became banana cookies and I made them chocolate cause…why not!
I’ll be honest with you, I wasn’t sure about these. I’m not a huge banana fan and I was worried the flavor of one of the most pungent fruits would overpower the chocolate. Well, I was so happy to be wrong because these balanced perfectly!
I keep them in the fridge because I was worried they would go bad as they’re mostly banana (something I recommend you also do). If they’ve been in the fridge long enough they almost become like a fudge cookie, so if that’s your thing, I’d store them in there right away. Otherwise, make one batch for a group and eat them up right away!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did – leave a comment if you try them yourself or if you have any questions.
Double Chocolate Banana Cookies (Vegan/GF)
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add dry ingredients (excluding chocolate chips) to bowl and stir to combine
- Fold mashed bananas into dry ingredients mixture
- Add maple syrup and vanilla and stir until incorporated
- Once ingredients are incorporated, fold in chocolate chips
- Use a 1.5 Tbsp scoop to scoop dough onto baking sheet ensuring they’re evenly spaced apart
- Gently flatten tops of cookies with the back of a fork
- Bake for 26-30 minutes until just set in the center
- Let cool on wire rack until room temp
- Enjoy right away or store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days